Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Cellphone Addiction

Fox News has a great article right now about cell phone addiction. There was a woman at the Gershwin Theater on Saturday who text messaged people during the entire show and she's the first person I thought of when I read this article. She was one row in front of me so I know she paid $117.00 for her seat. She basically missed the entire show. Talk about interfering with your life! I wanted to ask her what was so important and it wasn't just because I was annoyed with the blue glare from her phone distracting me in the near darkness of the theater. It was because she was missing such a great show that she paid a lot of money for. I can't imagine anything that would be that important that you need to do that. If there's an emergency at home you don't go to the show. Besides, what could she do about it anyway? I guess I'm hopelessly out of touch because I don't understand it. I couldn't take my eyes of the stage and there's no one in my life that I'd want to text message for three hours. Does that make me a bad person?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Leslie Breighner said...

No Jess, that does not make you a bad person. Sounds like that person in front of you needs to learn how to relax and enjoy life :-)

I like my cell phone, but I don't give my number out. I only use mine on occassion, but my husband's is great during the work day when he's on the road and it's nice for the kids to have when they are out, especially when driving. Came in very handy for my son to call 911 himself!

But for the most part, yes I do feel that people use them way out of context and need to have cell phone manners!

Are you going to be giving that seminar any time soon :-)

3:26 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

I'm not sure I'll be teaching a seminar on cell phone use anytime soon! It think far too many people I know disagree with me for me to risk it. I've never had rotten fruit thrown at me yet, but this is one time it might just happen!

Thanks for commenting - how fun!

4:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»

8:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»

12:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter