Wednesday, July 19, 2006

The Best Kind of Friends

I was looking up the definition of stimulating today and it said "encourage development or increased activity." Do you have people in your life who are stimulating? I do. I have a friend who always makes me want to be a better person just by being around her. It's not an "oh, I wish I was more like her" kind of thing because she doesn't exactly stimulate me to do what she's doing. She just has a kind of positive energy that makes me want to do more and be better just because I was around her.

I was thinking about why this was and I realized that it's because she is mostly a positive person and our friendship is very easy. By easy, I mean it's not based on commiserating about our lives or complaining about things. We just get together and talk and enjoy life together. I love her for many reasons, but mostly because she doesn't complicate my life and encourages me to stretch my wings and grow. And I hope I do the same for her.

Now I've decided I need more of these kinds of people in my life. And I want to be most stimulating to my friends. Not in what I do but in the way I live and love. What a challenge to me!

5 Comments:

Blogger Beth Coutts said...

What an inspiring story of what a healthy friendship can look like... oh to be such a person as she...

11:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

8:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

1:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

2:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter