Friday, July 28, 2006

Are You a Modern Girl?


I read The Modern Girl's Guide to Bible Study in one day and decided I might just be a Modern Girl. I liked her fresh approach and easy style. As far as the book itself, it was an easy read packed with humor and stories that made it seem more personal than most books about Bible study. I think women who read this will be drawn to her methods in part because she seems so likeable and down to earth.

As for her Bible study method, it is remarkably simple. I confess that I put off studying the Bible at times because it seems such an effort and so much work. But her encouragement to merely read, ask questions and journal the answers made sense to me. It is easy to get caught up with the multitude of books, commentaries and reference books and lose sight off the Bible itself. And asking questions is so basic, yet so often not done when reading God's Word.

I've decided I like her method so much that I'm going to use this book for my Sunday School class this fall. I'm excited about it. I'm going to use it in a different way than we've done other book studies, with a more personal one-on-one feel. I think it should be a very effective study.

I was starting to stress out because what I wanted to do for Sunday School just wasn't coming together and it was getting time to start advertising. I'm happy that God provided just the right book at the right time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter