Sunday, April 02, 2006

What A Weekend!

Well the Flourish Cafe is over and it was one of the highlights of the last few months. It seemed that everyone had a great time and I can't wait until the next one. I had a few problems with the music as the software I used to make the tracks was pretty stinky. I need to either buy decent hardware or just sing with the vocals on the cds.

One of the most enjoyable parts of the evening was the sing-a-long time when I made everyone sing with some medley's of music from the sixties. The rest of the evening was spent trying to remember who recorded the originals and what else they sang and what was your first 45 record you bought, etc. Music is such a level playing field. It gives us all the chance to connect in a way that is comforting and relaxing. Choosing the music is my favorite part of the cafe process.

The cafe was on Friday night. On Saturday morning we had the Quiet Time kick-off class. We had 13 women attend and we all had fun getting back to the basics of spending time with God. We gave out lots of resources to the women who attended and so far, the feedback I've received has been positive. I plan to offer a more intensive class later this year that goes through the process of Bible Study in a more in-depth way. And I'll offer the basics class once a year for awhile.

Last night I went to see Grease at the Way Off Broadway dinner theater. It was a fun show. Of course the highlight of the night was the Cream of Crab soup and the fun conversations. We laughed a lot and had a good evening.

Today I'm exhausted...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter