Saturday, April 29, 2006

30 Days of Quiet Time - April 29, 2006

John 20:1-21:25

I like how this passage speaks of Mary Magdalene. She showed her dedication to the Lord in several ways:

- She gave up her own agenda to serve Him. John tells us that she arose very early, while it was still dark and went to the tomb. Other passages tell us that these woman were coming to anoint the body. They were coming to serve Him. And Mary was giving up sleep to do so.

- She was willing to take action. This passage tells us that she ran to tell Peter and John that he was missing. She could have sat there and waiting for someone else to notice. She could have assumed someone else would take care of it. But she didn't. She noticed the empty tomb and ran to tell someone.

- She wouldn't leave. After Peter and John leave the scene, Mary stays behind. I love this part of the story. It's almost as if she's so distraught she's staying close to the last place He was known to be. It's almost as if she's clinging to any bit of hope she can find by staying close to wear His body was mere hours before. She has no definite idea of what has happened and non clue how to solve the problem and find the body. So she's just staying close and waiting. And crying.

I wish I was more like her in some ways. When I am not sure what's going on in life and have no clue how to fix things, I'm just as likely to blame God as I am to cling to Him. I get better at trust all the time, but I still have so far to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter