Tuesday, April 25, 2006

30 Days of Quiet Time - April 25, 2006

John 14:1-16:33

This passage was a long one and way too much to blog about. I do want to mention, though, that another of my favorite verses in the Bible is in this passage, John 16:33. Jesus says "I have told you these things so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

No one can say we weren't warned...

I always wonder about Christians who act like suffering is beneath them. I mean, I know that none of us chooses to suffer. But we are warned it's coming. It's not like any of us who read and study God's work shouldn't be aware of our fate. Suffering, sin, sickness, disease, famine, death, pain, tribulation and desolation entered the world when Adam and Eve choose unwisely and there's no stuffing the bad stuff back in the box. We've got to deal with it when it comes.

This is a pretty depressing thought until we get to the end of the verse. It's already over, dear friend! While we may have to deal with the effects of sin on our world, the battle is over and won. And one day we'll be dancing in the victor's circle with the one who battled suffering and came out the winner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter