Sunday, April 16, 2006

30 Days of Quiet Time - April 16, 2006

Matthew 18:15-35

The first thing I thought of when I read this passage was my high-school friend Missy. She had a habit of tattling whenever someone did something to her or did something she was offended by. I went to a small, private Christian school and my Mom was the administrator. My mother grew tired of always having to referee small grievances we should have been able to work out ourselves. So every time Missy (or anyone else for that matter) would come to her with something she's reply, "Matthew 18. Look it up. Matthew 18." It was her way of telling us to go to each other and deal with the problem. Then forgive and move on. I can remember getting to the point whenever someone would do something to irritate someone else, we'd all yell out "Matthew 18." That brings me back to my childhood in a way I'd rather not thing about...

So on to the current application. This passage tells me how to treat those around me:

- Give them the benefit of the doubt and go to them before I spread an issue around.
- Do all I can to reconcile the relationship.
- Forgive. Always. Remember all that Christ forgave me from and extend that grace to others.
- Be patient with them.
- Join together with them in prayer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter