Tuesday, April 11, 2006

30 Days of Quiet Time - April 11, 2006

Luke 8:22-25 and Mark 6:45-52

These passages focused on the power of Jesus and were exciting stories to read. Something in the story of Jarius's daughter really leaped out at me. When Jarius hears the word that his daughter is dead and it is no use bothering Jesus any longer, Jesus replies that she isn't dead, she's just sleeping.

The Bible then goes on to say that the people assembled there laughed at Him. They laughed at him because they knew better. Or so they thought. That was actually a pretty convicting passage. Okay, I don't actually laugh at the commands and promises of Christ, but I do find myself thinking I know better. My tiny little mind cannot grasp the enormity of Jesus and so often I tend to think I know more than God. His ways don't make sense to my mind so He must be wrong, right? Yet life teaches me time and time again that I don't know everything, just as the people in this passage learned the same thing. I just wish I could learn it once and remember it often instead of the endless cycle of learning and forgetting I am often mired in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter