Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Radiant Article

I am eagerly awaiting my first copy of Radiant Magazine. I've enjoyed the editors blog and the articles on their webpage for a few months now. This article is one of my recent favorites. Since I read it, I've been thinking about the question mentioned in the article "What would you do differently if you weren't afraid of what people thought of you?" I think I'd be more honest in this blog. I've written several posts in the past week and deleted them because I was afraid to post so honestly. I know there's a line between authenticity and too much information and I'm not quite always sure where the line is.

I've been thinking quite a bit lately about some spiritual struggles in my life and I know why they exists and can track them back to specific things in my teenage years that set me up for issues I'm facing now. Yet to elaborate on them in this format might make some of my family uneasy and maybe unhappy with me. So I filter myself and hold back. The problem is that I know this issue is one many women deal with and we need to be more open about discussing the things we struggle with. I just hesitate to be that honest in this format. So if I wasn't worried about what people would think of the honesty, I'd have more to blog about.

How about you? What would you do differently if you weren't afraid of what people would think of you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter