Thursday, February 09, 2006

My Mission Statement

I have been reworking my mission statement. I was never that impressed with my old one, and have been wanting to do a better one for awhile now. I am just feeling the urgency now because my mom wrote hers and I was jealous. It was a pretty awesome one. Mine isn't quite as cool, but I'm pleased with it nonetheless. It might sound familiar as you read it because I based the name of my blog on my new purpose statement! Here it is, (drum roll please...)

Strive for Excellence.
I will serve others with Skill.
I will approach each day with Creativity.
I will honor God with my Talents.

Look for Beauty.
I will serve others with Charm.
I will approach each day with Grace.
I will honor God with a life of Virtue.

Live with Passion.
I will serve others with Enthusiasm.
I will approach each day with Energy.
I will honor God with a Fervent Heart.

There it is. I'm happy with it. I am very grateful someone invented the thesaurus, though.

I was happy with the word charm in the beauty section because the dictionary definition is the power or quality of giving delight. It here's one thing I want women in the Flourish Ministry to know is that life doesn't have to be a chore, it can be a delight. What a nice meaning to the word Charm. :-)

Have you made a mission statement? If not, consider it. Not only will it help you establish your priorities, but it's kinda fun to work on! What are you waiting for?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter