Saturday, December 31, 2005

New Year's Eve

I don’t have any big plans for tonight. In year’s past I’ve gone to the Inner Harbor in Baltimore for the parties and fireworks. Some years I’ve been to church parties or friends houses. But the last few years I’ve stayed home and either had friends in or just relaxed in front of the TV.
This year I’m going to be relaxing, and hopefully stamping some thank you cards. I was the worst card-sender in the history of the world this past year. I was a horrible friend and family member this past year. I want to do better this year and am planning on getting a head start with making cards this weekend.
I am hoping to blog tomorrow or Monday about my thoughts on the New Year. I am going to do my best of lists today and wrap up 2005.

Best of 2005 - MUSIC

I didn’t really have a lot of favorites this year. There were a few I liked, but mostly this wasn’t the best year for me musically. These are listed in no particular order and are CD’s I purchased this year, not necessarily CD’s that were released this year.

Lost in Wonder: Voices in Worship Dente/Tumes/Ashton
Awaken Natalie Grant
Rescue: Live Worship Newsong
Brave Nichole Nordeman
Resurrection Nicol Sponberg
Room to BreathZoeGirl
Songs Inspired by The Chronicles of Narnia Various Artists

Best of 2005 - TELEVISION

My favorite shows of 2005 are probably no secret since there’s few new ones from the fall. Yet several have fallen off the list this year. Once again in no particular order, here they are:

Lost
Gilmore Girls
CSI Miami
CSI
Las Vegas
My Name is Earl
Arrested Development
Monk

Honorable Mention: Alias - it has been pretty weak lately, but it’s on the list because for so long it was the only decent show on television and I’m very loyal to it even when it isn’t as good as I know it could be.

No longer on the list: Desperate Housewives, the Apprentice, Crossing Jordan. I will still watch these shows, but they aren’t “must see” for me anymore and I tend to skip them more often than I watch them.

Best of 2005 - MOVIES

This year I barely went to the Movies. I’m not sure if I can even remember what I saw. I’ll rate these with a scale of 1-5 with 5 being “the best movie in the history of cinema” and 1 being “that’s two hours of my life I wish I could get back.”

Mr & Mrs Smith - 3
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - 5
Sahara - 4
The Legend of Zorro - 3
Chronicles of Narnia - 5
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - 3
Dear Frankie - 4 (This movie techncally wasn’t seen in the theater. It didn’t play anywhere in my area. But I did get the DVD right away and it was a wonderful, beautiful movie. It’s sad, though.)

This year wasn’t any better with the movies than last year was. As much as I love going to the movies, it just seems that when I have time to go, there’s nothing to see.

Best of 2005 - BOOKS

I hesitate to even mention this section because I haven’t read much of anything this year. I hate that my reading has been so poor. I think this past year is the worst ever for amount of books read.

Harry Potter Series I did read all of the Harry Potter series. Previously I had only listened to them on Audiobook. I read them all and had the Order of the Phoenix done about two weeks before Half-Blood Prince arrived.
Pathways to Purpose for Women I read this in preparation for a program we are doing for Flourish in 2006. It was a great book and the other materials have been great as well.
Breaking Point This is the latest in the FBI/Seals/Troubleshooters series. I am hooked on this series and devoured this book in one night. I ended up reading it again later so that I could slow down and savor it. Her next one isn’t due until late 2006 the last I heard so I am probably going to reread a few of the series this year to keep my excitement level up for the next one.
The Worn-Out Woman This book was a great read for me and I am glad it was recommended to me. It really helped me make some tough choices and led the way for some new opportunities in my life.

Overall, 2005 was seriously dissapointing in terms of books read, but I hope to do better in 2006.

Bring on 2006! I’m ready for ya!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter