Saturday, August 20, 2005

Reading Update

I have been doing more reading this summer than I’ve had a chance to do in the beginning of the year. Of course, the big read was Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. I went to the release party at Barnes & Noble with some friends and had a great evening. Then I spend the next week reading the book. I had so much going on that weekend, I didn’t get to start it until Monday. I finished it up on Saturday and cried my way through the last few chapters. Although it was sad, I did like the ending. It really set up the final book and left me with such a great anticipation for the story to come together. I have no idea how she is going to tie up all the lose ends in one book.
I have purchased quite a few books lately but haven’t read many of them yet. I have quite a collection of non-fiction to read, but haven’t much been in the mood for it. I am hoping to get back on track with that soon as I’m only going to get farther and farther behind.
It took me most of the summer to read “Confessions of a Prayer Wimp” by Mary Pierce. It was a funny book with some good lessons but I had little time to read it so it took me awhile to finish. I’m currently writing a review of the book for the Flourish Newsletter.
I read through all the Troubleshooters books this summer. With the new book out, I had this powerful urge to go back and read from the beginning. Now I have 18 months to wait for the next one.
Now that I had to punch out for dinner break at work each night I am getting more time to read. I hope to use that time to catch up on a few of these to-be-read stacks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter