Saturday, August 20, 2005

Happy Chocolate Flick

I haven’t seen too many movies this summer. In fact, I’ve only seen two. But one of them I saw twice. It was Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. It was such a fun, fun movie. I am a big fan of Johnny Depp and was delighted to hear he would be playing Mr. Wonka. He was brilliant as always, and I give this movie my highest reccommendation. The kids were amazing, the story was funny, the Ompa-Loompa’s were hysterical and the music was great! Some of my favorite parts were the puppet show at the start of the tour and the scene when the children try to introduce themselves to Willy Wonka. I also loved the thing with the business card. I’d love to do that sometime. :-)

The other movie I saw this summer was “Mr and Mrs Smith.” That was another fun movie as well. The stars had an amazing chemistry and worked well together. (A little too well, apparently) But the movie was fun and action packed, and was another winner for me.

I wanted to see the Star Wars Movie, Must Love Dogs, Kingdom of Heaven, Batman Returns, and Monster-In-Law. That apparently, didn’t happen.

There are quite a few DVD’s coming out soon I’m hoping to snag.
August 30 - Sahara, The Librarian: Quest for the Spear
Sept. 6 - Lost: Season One
Sept. 27 - Gilmore Girls: Season Four
October ?? - Arrested Development: Season Two

Anyone seen any good movies lately?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter