Friday, April 08, 2005

And the Winner Is...

ME!

I went to the MDDC Press Association’s Awards Luncheon today and picked up my awards. They were both second place, one for Classified Promotional Ad and one for Classified Section. All together we won enough awards to be the Advertising Newspaper of the Year for our division. This is the seventh straight year to my knowledge that we have won. Wow!

The lunch was good. They had salmon and roast beef and some chicken dish, steamed veggies, salad, vegetable soup, garlic mashed potatoes and rolls. There was a large variety of deserts. I had lemon coconut cake and some fresh strawberries.

I am going to New York City tomorrow. I am planning on doing some shopping while I’m there. We don’t really have a plan. I guess we’ll make one up as we go. The bus drops us off in Times Square so that will be where we’ll start anyway.

Tonight I’m having dinner with my brother and his family. We’re going out somewhere but haven’t heard where yet. My nephew is growing up so fast it’s scary. He’s still a cutie and talks a lot, although he says very little! The two words I hear him say the most are cookie and bottle. The child has food on the brain…

I’m off to finish my Sunday School lesson so that I can play all day tomorrow and not feel guilty. I’ll try to blog on Sunday about my fun day in the Big Apple

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter